Follow me on my adventures and see the places in between.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy Camper!

I was fortunate enough to get enrolled in the snow survival course here in McMurdo. In short, this class teaches the basics on how to survive in the harsh conditions here if one were to ever get into that situation. We get to camp out, build walls, tents, and survival trenches. I learned lots of valuable skills, but most of all, I had a blast! I was lucky enough to take the class with a couple good friends and for the weather to be absolutely perfect! Here are some pictures from our adventure! There will soon be a fun video, keep your eye out..

Loaded up in the Delta


Our fearless leader "Fabio"

Building a wall to put our tents behind

Tools!

Gorgeous day

Craig doin' work on our palace!

Tim and Nate's snow cave!


This thing ended up being about 7' deep!

Castle Rock looking mysterious.

You think we are going to settle for just a trench? NOPE!

Masterpiece.

Mansion.

The morning after.

No comments:

Post a Comment