Follow me on my adventures and see the places in between.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

On my way out.

Sorry it has been a bit since my first post, but I have been crazy busy! I had a great time traveling through Moab, GJ, and Aspen! 


Sarah and I went the Chromeo concert in Aspen.  It may have been the best show I have been to, they killed it!

Golfing in GJ. Photo DD
Look at that form! Photo DD
 Went golfing while in Junction with my Mom, Chuck, and Sarah. We had a blast! It was Sarah's first time and she did great! My Mom was giving everyone a run for their money. Good work!

Hiking with Sarah and Tom. Photo DD
 I have been super busy trying to get ready to leave the country and prepare to work in one of the more extreme places on Earth. It has been a bit overwhelming to be honest. Trying to get everything together has been a bit interesting.

A portion of my pile. Photo DD
I am at the Raytheon Polar Services headquarters in Centennial, CO now. Attended my first day of orientation. Learned a bit more about the program and met some great people! If you are curious and want to learn a little about the United States Antarctic Program jump over to their website. You can also look at their live webcam to see what it looks like there as well as the current temperature. Looks like it is -2 with a windchill of -22 as I am writing this! Toasty! haha

I am getting super excited to start my journey to McMurdo. I fly out of Denver tomorrow afternoon. My first stop will be LAX where I catch my long flight to Auckland, NZ. From Auckland I will have a quick flight down to Christchurch where I will be for a couple nights. During my stay there I will be getting my ECW (extreme cold weather gear). I am scheduled to fly down to the Ice on the 21st.

It has been really hard the last few days saying all of my goodbye's. It was great to see everyone and I will miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment