Follow me on my adventures and see the places in between.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Made it to NZ!

I made the long journey to Christchurch! My travels went about as smooth as they could, thankfully. I have been walking around here a bit and have had a chance to see a fair amount of the damage from the earthquake that happened earlier this year. It is pretty amazing and saddening to see it all. I have been meeting lots of fun and interesting new people in my group heading down the Ice. I'm really looking forward to meeting more!

I go to get my ECW (extreme weather gear) here in a few hours. I will try to bring my camera with so I can get some pictures! I'm also hoping to take a trip to the botanic gardens afterwards, so I should be able to share some of the sites with you! I have somehow managed to forget it on my recent wandering escapades so no picture just yet!

Off to the Ice tomorrow, couldn't be more excited!

1 comment: