Follow me on my adventures and see the places in between.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Hello, Antarctica.

I made it! I am at a lose for words. It's like, well, nothing I have seen before.

So I feel like I will show you a few picture from my short stay in Christchurch, NZ. It is a pretty sweet place as well. It is a a beautiful place, but there is still a lot of destruction to be seen from the quake that happened last February. I'll let my pictures do the talking.


















So while I was in Christchurch I walked around the "red zone" for a bit and took a trip through the botanic gardens!


So I haven't been able to take many pictures since I made it to the Ice. Here are a few from the flight down and a couple from last night. The department I work in, Antarctic Terminal Operations (ATO) put on a party. Then a few people and I went to the bars after!

The C17 we flew down on.

Cockpit!

Flying over Antarctica

Breathtaking

ATO party!


Add caption



Movement Control Center



The Southern bar!


Midnight in Antarctica!

Much more to come from here in Antarctica. Stay frosty people.

No comments:

Post a Comment