Follow me on my adventures and see the places in between.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

It's vessel season!

It's late in the season, the temperatures are dropping, the ice has opened up in the McMurdo sound, the boats have arrived, and new wildlife is playing in our back yard. This means brittle days, big water, giant boats, and majestic whales! I have been doing my best to get out and enjoy my last week here in Antarctica. I have seen tons of Minke's and even saw my first Killer Whale the other night. This place is breath taking. I wish I had some whle pictures to share with you, but you will have to settle for a few shots of the boats.

The tanker arriving out my dorm window


McMurdo is a thirsty town, the tanker delivering us approx. 7 million gallons of fuel.


Some pipes



The cargo vessel, supplying us with everything from TP to high tech science gadgets


No comments:

Post a Comment